Why you would like to format Pendrive?
How to format a Pendrive. Nowadays, pen drives are more and more popular in our life thanks to their good properties and the that they are portable and tiny.
How to format Pendrive in Windows 7/8/10?
how to format Pendrive? Here provides you many solutions. you’ll use the Disk Management or CMD of Windows.
Both of them are built‐in tools in Windows. Besides, the third-party pen drive format software can also be an honest.
Method 1. Format pen drive with Disk Management
- 1. Right-click on “Computer or This PC” and choose “Manage” > “Disk Management” to open Disk Management. OR you can also open it by typing “diskmgmt.msc” within the Run box (Press windows+R to open a run box).
- 2. Right-click the Pendrive and choose “Format”.
- 3. Then, select FAT32 ﴾or other filing systems
- 4. you need and click on “OK” to start out format.
If the drive is shown as unallocated space, please right-click
it and choose “New Simple Volume”. Then, you’ll follow
the New Simple Volume Wizard to make a new partition for your Pendrive.
Method 2. Format pen drive with CMD
1. Open the prompt by typing “CMD” at the search box, right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator.
2. At the prompt window, input the subsequent commands and hit “Enter” after each command.
select volume n ﴾here “n” is that the number of the drive you would like to format.﴿
format fs=fat32 quick
﴾here if you would like to format your storage drive to another filing system like exFAT, replace the
command with “format fs=exfat quick”.﴿
If the capacity of your Pendrive is larger than 32GB, you’ll find that it cannot format Pendrive successfully. And you
ought to use another method to format Pendrive which is larger than 32GB.
Method 3. Format pen drive with pen drive format software
If the capacity of the Pendrive is larger than 32GB, you can’t format it with the Windows built‐in tool directly.
At this point, you’ll address a 3rd party pen drive format software. Compare with other software, here I highly recommend AOMEI
Partition Assistant – the simplest pen drive format software which provides you a great many powerful functions like format
And you’ll use it to format your Pendrive in Windows 7/8/10, Windows Vista, also as Windows XP. the precise
steps are as follows:
- Step 1. Download, install and run AOMEI Partition Assistant. Right-click the partition of your Pendrive to pick “Format Partition”.
- within the pop‐up window, choose the FAT32 filing system. Here you’ll specify “Cluster Size” under the filing system if you would like to.
- and click on “OK” to continue.
- Select filing system
- Step 3.After that, it’ll return to the most interface. Preview the changes and click on “Apply” “Proceed” to finish the operation.
- Apply Proceed
Follow these simple steps, you’ll easily and effectively format pen drive in Windows 7/8/10.
If you don’t want to download any software, the built‐in tool is OK for you.
But there are some limits, if you would like to format a 64GB pen drive to FAT32, the built‐in cannot assist you anymore. And you want to address a 3rd party software to try to do this operation.
AOMEI Partition assistants are often the simplest pen drive format software.
The function of format partition also can assist you to
unravel the matter like current read-only yes or cannot format the flash drive. Besides format partition,
it also provides you a great many other useful functions like resize/delete/move partition, disk copy, partition copy, rebuild MBR, migrate OS to SSD, NTFS to FAT32 converter then on.
If you meet the matter like c drive full Windows 10/8/7, you’ll upgrade to AOMEI